This is an exclusive semi-luxury tented camp for those who want to be true to wild experience. The camp is situated within the Masai Mara Eco-system and on the banks of Ololaimutia River which is a watering point for most of the wild animals expecially elephants, buffalos, antelops etc 20 Kms from Keekrok Air Strip, 15 Kms from Sekenani Gate, 2Kms from Ololaimutia Gate and 230kms from Nairobi. Masai Mara the new seventh wonder of the modern world, famous for the migration of wilder beasts.
The meals are buffet, enjoyed either in the dining or under the shade of indigenous trees. The culinary affair is indeed one to delight the senses.
Game viewing is done in custom designed 4×4 Toyota land cruisers and land rovers. Its a rewarding experience all year round.
Our resident naturalist will guide you on a nature walk explaining the flora and fauna of the surrounding eco-system and the culture of the masai community. He will also guide you in climbing the nearby lenganishu hills that will give you a vantage view of the vast serengeti plains, the walk takes about 3 hours for an average climber
- Permanent tented camp
- Location: A tented camp on the banks of Ololaimutia river within Masai Mara Eco-system, 12 kms from sekenani gate and 2kms from Ololaimutia gate 25 kms from keekorok airstrip and 230 Kms from Nairobi.
- Accommodation: 15 tents made up of twins, doubles and triples and one honey mooners tent.
- All tents have hot showers, WC, Zip up front and a front veranda all under the canopy of African makuti.
- Lighting: provided by a high powered three phase generator that will allow you recharge your cameras and mobile phones
- Early morning wake up call with tea/coffee
- Afternoon tea
- Sundowner with camp fire
- Resident naturalist
- Eco- friendly
- Access by road: 5 ½ hours from Nairobi , 25 minutes from keekorok air strip
- The great wilderbeest migration: July to October. Game viewing good all year round
- Weather: warm days and cool nights
- We cater for special dietary requirements e.g. vegetarian, diabetics etc
- Activities: hot air balloon, escorted nature walks and cultural walks, camp fire, cultural dances, out door meals on request, visits to the Masai communities.
There is a 24 hour ground and air emergency response service from the flying doctor service, never the less, its advisable to have your own health insurance cover.
Transport & Location
Getting to the camp is easier from the Ololaimutia gate of Masaai Mara game reserve which is next to the camp and Sekenani Gate. Air transport takes 30 mins from the Nairobi Wilson Airport to Keekorok air strip which is 15 kilometers from the camp. By road, its a 5 and a half hours drive from Nairobi.
Get in Touch with us